Oliver Ames High School
Student Work Permits


Massachusetts Guide for Working Teens Brochure (pdf)

The Student must be present to have employment permit issued.

All teens under 18 years of age must complete a work permit application and get a work permit before starting a new job.  Minors cannot transfer a permit given for one job to another job. The process must begin again, even if the employer is the same but the work location has changed.

  1. Student must obtain a completed Employment Permit Application (Promise of Employment) from the employer.  
  2. Student and Parent/Guardian will complete the Promise of Employment and sign.
  3. Student must come to the main office at Oliver Ames High School with a completed "Promise of Employment" document (2 sides required) and proof of date of birth (ie. License, Birth Certificate, Passport, etc.).  A school ID card is NOT an acceptable form of identification
  4. Work permits will only be issued before and after school. No permits will be issued during school hours