Lynne LeBlanc, RN, BSN email@example.com
Judy Josephs, APRN, MSN firstname.lastname@example.org
(508) 230-3210, ext 1405
Fax: (508) 230-3213
I hope everyone is feeling healthy, safe and peaceful. The Easton Public School Nurses have been meeting remotely and working hard to create a site for our EPS community to get health related information. There is general health office information but also information specific by grade level and COVOD 19 information.
Please take a look at our Google site https://sites.google.com/easton.k12.ma.us/healthoffice/home IIt will be posted on the EPS website and the Oliver Ames website.
As always, please email with any questions and concerns.
We are in this together!
Lynne LeBlanc BSN RN
Judy Josephs APRN
A Registered Nurse is available throughout the regular school day hours. The nurse provides the following services to the Oliver Ames school community:
- Initial triage and care of acute illnesses and/or injuries with referral to parent, emergency contact, physician, or emergency medical services, as appropriate.
*Student Emergency Cards need to be at school with the most current information.
- Medication administration/coordination as per the licensed prescriber or as per the school physician protocols with parental consent, as appropriate.
*Whenever possible, medications should be administered at home. The school nurse should be contacted before medication is brought to school and only adults may deliver medication to the school.
- Student Medication Policy and Forms are available for download.
- Maintenance of the Massachusetts School Health Record including monitoring of the state mandated immunizations required for public school attendance.
*Immunizations are available through the Easton Board of Health. Students may be excluded from school if required immunizations are incomplete.
- State mandated health screenings including, vision, hearing, posture, height and weight.
*Screenings are done at grade levels mandated by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Development of individualized health care plans to provide essential nursing care to students with chronic health concerns/or disability.
*Specialized nursing procedures to be performed during the school day require a written order by the licensed prescriber.
- Individualized health education to assist persons with health related questions, concerns and issues.
*Health resources and referral information is available.
- Surveillance and monitoring of communicable disease outbreaks in collaboration with the Easton Board of Health and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
*Do not send your child to school if he/she has any of the following conditions: Fever, Persistent Cough-Wheezing, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Weakness-Shakiness, Untreated Conjunctivitis or Strep Throat, or Suspected Chicken Pox.
The School Nurse's role and responsibilities are directed at supporting the health, safety and well being of the population by addressing the physical, emotional and social needs of the school community. Supporting the belief that a state of optimal health of the individual maximizes their potential to learn, the school nurse incorporates a body of health care concepts and practices that promote wellness and a healthy lifestyle for the population.
INSURANCE COVERAGE is now available for every child in Massachusetts up to the age of 19. If you or your children do not have primary care health insurance and want more information, call your school nurse or MA Health (800) 841-2900 or for students up to age 19 call Children's Medical Security Plan at (800) 909-2677. Accident insurance can be purchased through the schools at a very reasonable cost.