Get your new OA logo apparel here: OA Online Store
508.230.3210, Ext. 1450
508.230.3210, Ext. 1450
@oahstigersports Hockomocksports.com Easton Journal
- Get the latest OA sports scores, cancellations and news via Twitter at oahstigersports
- Girls lacrosse head varsity coach
- Boys lacrosse JV coach
- FORGET YOUR PASSWORD? If you have forgotten your password and are having difficulty logging in to register, please do NOT create a new profile. Just shoot me an email, and I will reset your password for you. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you!
Venue Locations for Hockomock League Events
Concussion Training All athletes in all sports and parents of all athletes are required to complete concussion training annually.
Spring sports tryouts
- Oliver Ames High School tryouts begin Monday, March 19th for baseball, softball, boys & girls lacrosse, boys & girls tennis and boys & girls track. For more information, contact the head coach of the sport of interest by clicking the link to "Teams and Coaches" under the Athletics section at oliverames.org.
Eligibility requirements (Required in order to participate in tryouts)
Opioid Overdose Crisis Hits Easton
- Online registration. Click the link above titled "Online Registration". A parent or guardian must complete the registration.
- Valid physical on file with the school nurse. Physicals are valid for 13 months to the day on which they were conducted. Physicals can be submitted to Bill Matthews, the Athletic Director, at email@example.com or to the school nurse. Get your new or updated physicals in as soon as possible - new physicals must be received by Wednesday, March 14th, to ensure eligibility on the first day of tryouts.
- Current ImPACT test. ImPACT concussion baseline testing is required every 2 years for baseball, softball and lacrosse.
- The Impact testing schedule will be posted at a later date.
- For anyone unsure if they have a valid physical or current ImPACT test on file, please email Mary Flavin, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bill Matthews at email@example.com.
The state of Massachusetts is experiencing an opioid (opiate) overdose epidemic. Opioids are painkillers like oxycodone, methadone and heroin and are sold under trade names like Percocet, OxiContin, Vicaden and Demerol among others.
14 Easton residents have died in the last 2 years from opioid overdoses. This is serious and it’s right here in our town.
Many families have experienced the ramifications related to opioid misuse as a result of pain relief from athletic injuries. It is important that you and your student-athlete(s) take the time to read and understand the dangers of the addiction. Educational materials can be found at this link: Opiod Education Information
Finally, the following link is to a video presentation about opioid addiction by Dr. Potee: Dr. Potee - Opioid Video Link
Please do not hesitate to contact the Oliver Ames athletics or health offices if you have any questions or concerns related to this topic.