508.230.3210, Ext. 1450
508.230.3210, Ext. 1450
Get your new OA logo gear - new online store is open!
Online Store for OA logo gear
Multiple color choices for most wearables and customize by choosing your favorite OA logo.
Online Registration for OA and EMS winter sports will open Monday, Oct 18.
Oliver Ames High School will offer cheer, boys & girls basketball, gymnastics, boys & girls ice hockey, boys & girls indoor track, boys & girls swim & dive, boys & girls ski & wrestling.
Tryouts for all high school sports will begin on Monday, Nov. 29. For specific tryout information about your sport, please contact your team's coach which can be found here: OA Coaches.
Easton Middle School will offer 7th & 8th boys & girls basketball and 6th, 7th, 8th wrestling this winter.
EMS basketball tryouts will begin on Monday, Nov. 21st. Girls BB coaches are Melissa Spillane (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Laura Daley (email@example.com). Boys coach is Jake Fitzgerald (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EMS wrestling will hold an informational meeting on Tuesday, 11/30. The first practice will be held on Dec. 14 in the gym annex at the Easton Middle School. The EMS wrestling coach is Alex Schervish (email@example.com).
Deadlines for new physicals to be submitted is Nov. 15th to guarantee nurse clearance prior to tryouts.
Deadline to register and ensure eligibility is 3 school days before your sport's first tryout date.
- Online Registration for the winter season will open Monday, Oct. 18. Registration must be completed by a parent or guardian.
- FORGET YOUR PASSWORD? If you have forgotten your password and are having difficulty logging in to register, please do NOT create a new family profile. Just shoot me an email, and I will reset your password for you. firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Eligibility requirements (Required in order to participate in tryouts)
- Complete the Online Registration. Click the link above titled "Online Registration". A parent or guardian must complete the registration.
- Valid physical on file with the school nurse. Physicals are valid for 13 months to the day on which they were conducted. Physicals can be submitted to Bill Matthews, the Athletic Director, at email@example.com.
- Current concussion baseline test. Concussion baseline testing is required every 2 years for basketball, cheer, gymnastics, ice hockey, skiing and wrestling.
Concussion Baseline Testing
- Concussion baseline testing is required every 2 years for contact sports (see list above). This year baseline testing will be offered through an online program called Concussion Vital Signs. Student-athletes who need to take the test can take it remotely from home. Remote testing instructions. In order for a student-athlete to test remotely at home, they will need internet access and a computer, ChromeBook or similar device. The test cannot be taken on a smartphone.
- For student-athletes that require in-person testing, please contact Mary Flavin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-230-3210 x 1450 and she will arrange for them to take the test here at OAHS.
Checking Your Child's Eligibility Status
- For anyone unsure if they have a valid physical or current Concussion Baseline Test on file, please email athletic department secretary, Mary Flavin at email@example.com.
OA Athletic Schedules by Team
For mobile device schedule access, download the ArbiterSports app.
Follow OA Sports
For the latest OA schedule & game updates, follow Athletic Director, Bill Matthews on Twitter:
For Hockomock Leaguewide sports coverage, go to:
Facility Rental/Usage Information
Facility Usage/Rental Request Form
Release and Indemnifications Agreement
Venue Locations for Hockomock League Events
Concussion Training All athletes in all sports & parents of all athletes are required to complete concussion training ANNUALLY.
Fitness Center Consent and Release Form
Open Coaching Positions
- Boys & Girls Swim/Dive Head Coach, Indoor Track Throwing Coach
- Boys Lacrosse Head Coach, Boys Lacrosse JV Coach, Boys Spring Track Head Coach
Opioid Overdose Crisis Hits Easton
The state of Massachusetts is experiencing an opioid (opiate) overdose epidemic. Opioids are painkillers like oxycodone, methadone and heroin and are sold under trade names like Percocet, OxiContin, Vicaden and Demerol among others.
In a recent 5 year period, 30 Easton residents died from opioid related overdoses. This is serious and it’s right here in our town.
Many families have experienced the ramifications related to opioid misuse as a result of pain relief from athletic injuries. It is important that you and your student-athlete(s) take the time to read and understand the dangers of the addiction. Educational materials can be found at this link: Opiod Education Information
Finally, the following link is to a video presentation about opioid addiction by Dr. Potee: Dr. Potee - Opioid Video Link
Please do not hesitate to contact the Oliver Ames athletics or health offices if you have any questions or concerns related to this topic.